Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Critique of EmJay07's blog, part 5

I see EmJay07 has posted another rebuttal, accusing me this time of "twisting words". As he had demonstrated "multiple times" in the past, he can't argue. He had argued himself into a corner, and this time, he accuses me of "twisting words".
"how much credence should Kasey Chang be given when he is pasting stuff from my blog and well many random websites every other day while pointing at them and blogging immaterial of the fact that he is himself copying??"
Oh, but clearly EmJay07 has no idea what "fair use" is. As the "fair use doctrine" is pretty long, just go read the Wikipedia entry yourself. But to summarize... it is permissible to use a small portion of other people's work to provide commentary and review of the material, and that is exactly what I have done: demonstrate that EmJay07's points are ill-constructed, logically faulty, and ignorant (of the laws involved).

As for why EmJay07's wholesale copy is NOT "fair use"? Simple... he added nothing to it, other than "hey look here". And he quoted my blog posts left and right. And he accuses me of quoting other blogs (and his blog)? That's just so funny. 

You are rather amusing...EmJay07... constructing one lame argument after another. Are you a masochist? Seems like you enjoy getting taken down a peg or two every few days, by making faulty accusations.

Did you approve my comment yet?  UPDATE:Yes he did. He's just a bit slow.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: