Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Proof: TVI Express hid surcharges under "taxes"

Previously I was wondering if someone actually tried to book a trip through TVI Express "booking portal" and see if they are overcharging in taxes. Someone at expertmlmreview.org actually did try to book a trip through TVI Express for 4-day 3-night redemption in Florida. The taxes calculated? $115 USD.
Marza Bush
I bought one of the travel vouchers because I trusted a friend. I thought I would save $. I ended up wanting to use it in Florida. Come to find out they don't offer Florida as a state for the 6 night 7 day package and was only offered a 3 night 4 day package at a hotel. Turns out it would cost 115.00 just to pay taxes for the thing and I'd have to open up a foreign exchange account with Liberty Reserve to do so. I even went that far, but now I'd have to get a merchant exchanger to buy and sell the money to pay the taxes which on one end will cost at least 13.00.
So now I think I'm going to cancel the Liberty Reserve account and stop while I'm ahead.
I was better off booking a hotel myself. I found out it was actually cheaper that way. What a mess and I'm out 250.00!
http://expertmlmreview.org/mlm-company-reviews/tvi-express  (scroll down to comments)
Given that tax rate in Florida is about 6% for "bed tax" and 7% for sales tax, if you take the trip to be $250, the tax should be $32.50. Thus, TVI Express just pocketed $82.50. That's charging OVER 250% of what the taxes should be.

The fact that they don't accept their own eWallet funds for these "taxes" should tell you that they are out to scam you... They don't consider their own eWallet "real money".

No comments: