Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TVI Express cannot redeem trips in Indonesia either


Detik News posted a comment from a reader updating the situation about TVI Express. TVI Express is leaving the joiners in Indonesia high and dry, with NO TRIPS available:

Original URL: http://us.suarapembaca.detik.com/read/2010/10/19/134547/1468780/283/proses-me-redeem-voucher-hotel-dari-tvi-express-tidak-bisa-lanjut?882205470

Translation as follows (note: updated with help from Indonesian speaker Chris Chouputra, thanks Chris!):
Procedure to claim Hotel Voucher from TVI Express cannot be proceeded
Siska Lea - Reader's Voice

Jakarta - In May 2010 I join TVI express with some of my friends. It is a company that claims itself to be a web based Joint Venture Travel company.

As a reward I was given hotel voucher (which was initially promoted to be usable freely worldwide ... wow ...). The story begins when I was intending to redeem the voucher. Here is the chronology:

On October 12 I was planning to redeem the hotel voucher for 4 days 3 night in Singapore. However, the process cannot be proceeded as there was no fund (I thought that it can be paid using Visa/MasterCard/PayPay like Agoda). It was clear later on that I had to deposit a sum of money to Ms Goenawan banking account (rumors said that she is the top dog of TVI but she was not brave enough to pick up my call).

On the 13th I deposit the money and it was registered by October 18. By the time I resume the redemption procedure the only thing happen was "There was no such hotel". Hmm ... strange.
Out of curiosity I tried again with different account. As it turns out, using a different account with no fund at all returns 40 different hotels to choose from for the same date. Weird huh (hmm .. I did not dare to accuse them. I am afraid it will be just like the "Ms Prita" case [A case of a patient named "Prita" who was misdiagnosed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prita_Mulyasari]). A screen capture from the my booking screen can be seen at: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=81220&id=1019906214&saved

Siska Lea
Taman Kopo Bandung
08122083159
 
So, TVI Express is leaving people high and dry everywhere. Instead of pay online, you must deposit money straight into the upline's account! How can this be legal or ethical?

No comments: